Friday, June 24, 2011

The...



House. Fresnillo, Mexico. 2007

Peace …

I wonder how things would be different if I
had darker skin, spoke Spanish, if I
used to walk the streets of Guadalajara
and wore skirts; shorts, perhaps took care
of my hair more often.

I wouldn’t be myself.

I wouldn’t be the awkward Pakistani, sometimes-
confused-about-her-sexuality, Muslim, Urdu-and-
English-speaking girl who fell in love

not once
not twice
but three times …

for three
different
Mexican natives. 



USA! Even though Chicharito is my boy, I gotta stay loyal to my soil.





Giant Crystal Cave Comes to Light

Photograph by Javier Trueba/Madrid Scientific Films



Market in Juarez. Mexico. 2009



Castillo de Chapultepec
Distrito Federal, México

Noviembre, 2010



Zapata puppet parade, Mexican bicentennial. Photo by Felipe Courzo.





The towers… 

_____________________ 

Flickr I Facebook I Portfolio

No comments:

Post a Comment